Fall Membership Drive
We invite you to “drive 2B green” this October by becoming a new organizational member of the Green Omaha Coalition.
The Green Omaha Coalition (GOC), founded in 2006, is a volunteer-based collaborative that creates original green programming and serves as a comprehensive clearinghouse for green information on local events, initiatives and opportunities for citizen engagement. We’re promoting a greener Omaha through collaboration, education and advocacy.
Did you know…
- We’ve developed a Green Business Certification program for businesses that meet 36 core requirements in four categories (water management, energy efficiency, materials management and marketing/communications).
- We host an annual Green Homes Tour, a fun and informative event that showcases green living techniques. Tour goers are able to see green practices at work, talk to experts in the field and pick up tips on how to green their own living environments.
- We host an annual grassroots competition for middle and high school students that encourages schools to reduce their carbon footprint. Schools can win grants to continue their efforts.
As a new organizational member, you can connect with others who share your interests and challenges, stay up-to-date on what’s happening at the local level and impact important sustainability issues by participating in one of our five working councils.
Plus, from Oct. 1 through Oct. 31, 2012, half of each new organizational membership will be donated to the reEnergize Program to help enroll Omahans in its residential: low and moderate income program (see sidebar for details). The remaining half of the new membership fee will be used to fund GOC programs and activities.
Choose from one of four organizational membership levels:
- Grassroots ($100 to $249 annually)
- Contributing ($250 to $499 annually)
- Supporting ($500 to $999 annually)
- Sustaining ($1,000 and above annually)
of your new organizational membership goes right back into the community by helping low and moderate income Omahans enroll in the reEnergize Program.
The goal of the reEnergize Program, a partnership between Omaha and Lincoln to build energy smart communities, is to reduce energy usage locally while creating a healthy environment and more comfortable places to live, work and play. Qualified local contractors provide home and business energy evaluations and then perform the necessary energy upgrades.
This is a wonderful opportunity to help people right here in Omaha – your customers, your employees, your neighbors – live in a healthier environment. If you join during October, you can nominate a candidate for the residential: low to moderate income program. This information will be forwarded to the reEnergize Program’s Omaha office for follow up (inclusion in the program is not guaranteed).